Acne is a serious case for many individuals since there are many factors that can cause acne. It can occur at any age, from pre-adolescence to adulthood. For those who have dealt with serious acne, treating break-outs was only half the battle. The aftermaths of intensive treatments that involve topical ointments and oral medications, have left your skin texture, aged, dry and uneven. Acne alone leaves remnants of unsightly scars that invite unwanted stress and insecurities with your appearance. Determine what type of acne scars you have.
See how we can help you! Central Park Laser offers innovative treatments that can guarantee reduced acne scars, using non-invasive and effective procedures that require little to no downtime and minimal discomfort.
Types of Acne Scarring:
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a color change seen within your skin after inflammatory acne lesions heal.
- Post-Inflammatory Erythema - pink or purple flat patches
- Post-Inflammatory Pigmentation - brown marks (pigmentation). These scars are prevalent on tanned individuals, or easily tan.
- Post-Inflammatory Hypo-pigmentation - white marks
- Ice-pick scars - Pitted scars, which form craters within the skin.
- Atrophic scars - lined, flat and thin scars (anetoderma)
- Hypertrophic or Keloid scars - thick lumpy scars